The Eric Clapton Auction
We are delighted to be involved with this exciting auction, the proceeds of which will benefit The Crossroads Centre in Antigua – the rehab centre founded by Eric Clapton in 1998, a cause very close to his heart.
The sale will take place on Wednesday 9 March 2011 at 1pm at:
580 Madison Avenue
New York 10022
Tel. + 1 (212) 644 9001
A Simulcast Auction will be held at:
Bonhams Los Angeles office
7601 W.Sunset Boulevard
Tel: + 1 (323) 850 7500 at 10.00 am
The Auction comprises 138 lots, the majority of which are from Eric Clapton’s private collection; apart from a handful of pieces which were donated by others directly to the sale. There are approx. 80 guitars and 48 amps in this sale. Some of the amps date back to the 1970s – they are genuine relics of Clapton’s musical history. The majority of guitars date from the last 6 to 10 years although a few date back to the early 1980s & 1990s. Estimates range from $300 – $30,000.
Browse our Archives
- Exhibitionism: The Rolling Stones
- Gerald Scarfe
- Hard Rock Cafe
- John Lennon "You Might Well Arsk"
- Julian Lennon Collection
- Marilyn Monroe Auction at Julien’s
- Marilyn Monroe exhibition
- Sotheby's Rock & Pop Sale 2015
- Sotheby’s Rocks Auction September 2017
- The Eric Clapton Sale of Guitars and Amps
- Weddings and Movie Stars book