Carey set up Christie’s market leading Popular Culture department in 1985. During their two decades at Christie’s, Carey and Sarah enjoyed both serving as Heads of the department and later as Consultants. They set up Wallace & Hodgson in 2009.
They embrace all areas of entertainment memorabilia, offering clients a superior and comprehensive service. Carey and Sarah work globally, performing valuations, research and cataloguing, and advising on the purchase, sale and maintenance of collections.
With a wealth of specialist knowledge, they have a unique and invaluable international network of contacts including archivists, curators, historians and authorities in all areas of this complex field.
With their combined experience they have an unrivalled breadth of knowledge and are professional, discreet, discerning and trustworthy.
Previous collections & highlights include:
- John Lennon: You Might Well Arsk. Original Drawings and Manuscripts, 1964-1965 (2013-2014)
- Marilyn Monroe Costume Valuation (2012)
- Hard Rock Cafe Memorabilia Valuation (2011 - 2012)
- Weddings And Movie Stars, Reel Art Press, London (2011)
- Eric Clapton’s Sale of Guitars and Amps (2011)
- Insurance valuation of the archive of one of the world’s greatest Rock bands (2009 - 2010)
- Magic Alex Beatles Collection (2004)
- The Family of Keith Moon's Collection (2004)
- Eric Clapton's Guitars (1999 & 2004)
- Dame Shirley Bassey's Glittering Gowns (2003)
- James Bond Memorabilia (2001).
- Elton John's Cars (2001)
- The Dame Margot Fonteyn Collection (2000)
- The Chips Momen Guitar Collection (2000)
- The Personal Property Of Marilyn Monroe (1999)
- James Bond Memorabilia (1998)
- The Charlie Parker Collection (1994)
- The Cynthia Lennon Collection (1991)
- Pink Floyd, The Wall (1990)